Who Are We?
HIVERY is a multi-award winner pioneer of hyper-local retailing, combining artificial intelligence (AI), operations research, and human-centred design to help consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturers and retailers generate a return on physical space investments. HIVERY is transforming category management and retail trade promotion with innovative algorithms sourced from Australia's national science agency - CSIRO's Data61. HIVERY is venture-backed and headquartered in Sydney, Australia, with offices in USA and Japan.
Who We're Looking For
Being a Software Engineer at Hivery means driving great outcomes for our customers and pushing the envelope in research and development. Using your passion, strong software engineering and optimisation skills to implement ideas and productionise innovation solutions, introduce new engineering concepts and best practices. Working closely with Client Services and our Innovation teams to deliver world class algorithms and customer experiences.
You will need;
- Strong Python knowledge with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Knowledge and experience with any other programming languages, like Java, C#, C++, Go or Rust
- Familiarity with Mathematical Optimisation is essential
- Gurobi experience would be a bonus
- Knowledge, understanding of and ability to apply software best practices, design patterns, etc. in day to day work
- Experience with CI/CD practices and writing high-value test suites
- Hands on experience with Azure
- Sound knowledge of machine learning techniques and forecasting a nice to have
The Softer Skills We Look For;
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Contributing to a high trust and high performing team environment
- Ability to use data to make sound decisions
- Ability to communicate, written and verbal, with all relevant stakeholders
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- You love technology, bringing creative ‘out of the box’ solutions thinking to solving complex problems
- You're a team player with what we call the ‘H’ Factor in abundance
What You'll Be Here to Do;
- Design, implement, test and deploy new functionality according to business requirements
- Enhance and improve the existing functionality
- Collaborate with Data Science and Innovation teams on a regular basis to engineer and productionise research work.
- Actively collaborate with the team on technical discovery and design of the new functionality
- Produce code of exceptional quality that follows the best software engineering practices, like SOLID, DRY, etc
- Constantly maintain and improve quality and security posture of the application by providing sufficient test coverage and following security by design principals
- Pioneer new technologies, practices and constantly search for ways to improve the application and/or processes
- Communicate and collaborate with all relevant stakeholders
Our Tech Stack
- Spark/Scala (nice to have)
Our Team Principles
- Assume positive Intent
- Take enough time to ... learn | talk | build quality things
- Be hungry to learn and teach
- Create high trust connections
- Take Ownership as a Team and as an Individual
- Big beautiful office in Surry Hills
- Blend of remote working and in office collaboration days
- Birthday leave
- Chill Pill Day
- Fully stocked bar fridge and ping pong table
- Breakfast and snack bar
- Monthly fitness benefit
- Quarterly team events and celebrations
If HIVERY sounds like the perfect next move for you on your career journey, please upload your CV and cover letter as we'd love to meet!